Join Our Team!



Your Police, Our Community



Your Police, Our Community
Your Police, Our Community
File Report
Your Reporting
Tip Reporting
Secret Witness
Drug Tips
Homeland Security Tips

Reporting Unemployment Fraud

Check Existing Report Status

NOTE: Please allow up to 7 days for status response.

Existing Report Status:

In Person or Officer Taken Reports:
To check the status of a report you submitted in person at a police station or a report taken by an Officer or CSO, please contact the Detective Division at 775.334.2115.

Existing Online Reports:
Online Case Status Inquiry

Request an Appointment

Request a Callback

Requesting a callback Is for non-emergency situations only, if this Is an emergency please call 911.

Please note, the callback feature Is only available during regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m., excluding holidays.

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?
  • Exact location of the vehicle (address it’s parked in front of or the street it’s on and the nearest cross street)
  • Color, make, model, and license plate number
  • Anything that stands out aesthetically, such As damage, flat tires, stickers, etc.
  • How Long it has been since it last moved from its current position.

Reno Police Department representative will then be dispatched to tag the vehicle with a 48-hour warning notice. Parking Enforcement will verify if the vehicle has moved And may cite the vehicle And submit it for towing.

Covid-19 Information for Protection Orders

Animal Call/Report

These are usually neighborhood nuisance situations. You will not receive a permanent case number. You may wish to call Washoe Animal Control number 775-322-3647.

Graffiti Tagging
  • If you see graffiti on a building, wall, fence, etc., call Reno Direct at 775-334-4636 (INFO) and tell them the location of the graffiti or submit an online service request. We can begin the process to have it removed.
  • If graffiti has occurred on property owned by you, please "Start New Police Report" above to file a police report.